In order to change the network settings, check how the router works or troubleshoot some networking problems, you need to access the Arris Web manager. You can access it by following these Arris router login steps.
You are going to need:
– An Arris Router
– Computer, tablet or smartphone connected to the network
– Default Arris router IP, username and password or the custom ones if you have changed these before
Quick Arris Router Login Guide
- Connect the to the network using the network cable or WiFi connection
- Launch a web browser on your device (Firefox, Chrome or Safari)
- Enter the default Arris router IP 192.168.0.1 in the URL bar and press Enter
- When asked for the login details enter admin as username and password or the Wifi security key printed on the router label as password.
- Click Login or Apply. You will see the System Basic Setup
* If you have changed the login details earlier, then login with the new ones. The default username and password won’t work in this case.
* If you see a warning screen while logging into the Arris router please note that there is no risk at all so feel free to proceed.
How to Login to Arris router
1. Connect to the Arris network
The Arris Web manager can be accessed only by devices that are part of the network. Therefore, connect your device to the network using the network cable or use the wireless connection.
2. Enter the Arris router IP in the browser’s URL bar
The Arris router IP is 192.168.0.1 or in some cases 192.168.100.1. Type the IP in the URL bar and press Enter. A login page will appear asking you to enter a username and password.
In case you see a Warning screen telling you the Site is not secure or that there is Potential Security Risk continue with no worries. Just click on Advanced and then Proceed or Continue.
3. Enter the Arris default or custom username and password
The default Arris router login details are:
Password: password or the Wi-Fi Security Key. (You can find it printed on a label on the router)
* If you have changed the default password before login with the custom one.
* If this is the first time to login to the Arris router you may be asked to set up a new password, WiFi name and password and a time zone to access the Web manager. READ MORE DETAILS HERE
4. Click Apply and you will see the System Basic Setup page.
After you enter the Arris router login details the System Basic Setup page should appear if everything was correct. Now you can check and configure all the settings in the Arris Web manager. Make sure to change the Arris WiFi name and password first to secure your home network. After that you can continue tweaking the home network security.
First time Arris router login. Read this!
We have mentioned that in case you are logging into the router for the first time you may be asked to set up a new admin password and Wifi username and password in order to continue. If this is the case just follow these steps to complete the Home Network Wizard.
1. If the https:// redirect page appears just click Proceed
2. Enter the new password in the New Password and Re-Enter New Password fields.
* The password should be 8-12 characters long, must contain at least one digit and one capital letter, and it is also recommended to use special characters for better security
3. Enter the CAPTCHA code and click on Next Step.
4. In the WiFi Network name field type the desired network name. Make sure NOT to type the same network name for the 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks.
5. Select WPA2-PSK (AES) (Recommended) for both the 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks
6. In the Network Password field enter the desired WiFi password. You can use the same WiFi password for the 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks.
7. Click on Next Step
8. You can leave the Time Zone Selection to Automatic
9. Select the desired Time Format and Date Format from the drop-down lists.
10. Click the Finish button
11. Now login to the Web manager. Enter admin in the Username field and enter the new password in the Password field. Press Login.
* For some Arris routers like the SBG8300 it is recommended to use the SurfBoard Manager App to configure the home network first.